While I was reviewing what can I do to boost my career, I came up with these 5 high level steps [I do need to re-remind myself of these things now and again]. They have worked for so far and have helped me to move to bigger and better things. I thought I will share these with the rest of the world as well.
They are not new, it is the same old but golden rules that just work again and again.
1) work on interesting, new and challenging projects. Change is good and keeps things interesting
2) find/create positions where you have power and authority to do things differently
3) update/advance your skills
4) take more responsibilities/projects at work
5) give your 100 percent to tasks/projects at hand
Do you have any other major tips to share?