Google Play Music became available in Australia today and I took the change to check it out.
I have been a paying Spotify user since it launched in Australia and have been a happy customer for the most part.
The good part?
- I was still going to pay AUD $11.99/month, same as Spotify Premium.
- Based on my initial search it has the songs that I am after
- Search is good
- I won’t need any app on my desktop and I will be able to play it from the browser (Spotify does offer the same as well)
- I can upload upto 20,000 tracks
- Cannot share on Facebook and Twitter (this can be potentially a deal breaker)
- The iPhone apps needs more polishing!
What I miss?
- Not having iPad optimised app
- Again – Not able to share the songs I like on Facebook and Twitter
- Google can bring over my likes, dislikes, favourites from YouTube and recommend me music to my liking
- More Indian songs
- More audio book collections
As the service gets more traction I am hoping that the service improves. Spotify while I check and test the service out I will remain a free user.